Friday, September 7, 2012

More lemonade

Norm (again, shirtless guy) had this brilliant idea to turn a sunken in hole in our yard into a ~*rock garden*~ with our old bricks.
The hole had some nice rocks buried in it, and I think in the past, the owner may have planted some pretty flowers or something in it.

So I dug out the rocks and waited for a bajillion ants to clear out.
Then I filled the hole with bricks.

Pay to dispose of heavy bricks or bury them in my yard? NO CONTEST.

Then I arranged the pretty rocks...
Dan calls this my "brick graveyard"
Covered it with some dirt, built in a second tier and planted some pretty flowers. Mama-san helped me!
So far, some cacti and some bushy plants


tadaa
We also planted some stuff in my pretty patch of dirt.


more cacti, hosta, crysanthemums




1 comment:

  1. Looks really pretty but makes me sad! I would have taken your homeless bricks! :))
    Cacti???????????????????????????
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete