Thursday, December 13, 2012

Patchin' up ceiling holes

Once our second floor is complete and we move our bedroom up there, the current bedroom we're using on the first floor will become ...a guest bedroom, maybe?
Not quite sure yet about that. Anyway, this room needs some sprucing and the electrical re-wired (of course), but it won't be a complete gut job, because it appears the plaster has been smoothed over on some walls and completely replaced with drywall on others.

Remember this?

Our guest room ceiling had three holes in it: one from husband's foot, one where the old light used to be, and one that I accidentally drilled when I was trying to drill a hole for wires going down the wall. I finally got around to fixing them.

The huge hole from Dan's foot I sawed into a neat rectangular hole

 and screwed a piece of wood behind it

so I can screw in a piece of drywall
Some left over greenboard from bathroom drywalling
Then I mudded and taped over the seams
The other two holes were small enough that I didn't have to screw in another piece of drywall; I just taped and mudded over the holes.

Once I got a few coats of mud on the three, sanded them down, I painted over them with white ceiling paint, hoping the new white I bought would match the old white. Alas, it did not and I had to roughly paint over the whole ceiling. I was impatient to get this part done (also painting ceiling in a room full of furniture is most un-fun) so the ceiling looks a wee bit splotchy, but one might look at it and think it's intentionally texturized.

Anyway, the reason why I was so impatient with the painting is the new ceiling light pendent I was dying to put up. Dan came home to this:
and then helped me put it up!

I have one more big plan for this room and then it's done!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a magic!! I like your ceiling light!!

    ReplyDelete