Thursday, August 2, 2012

Parlor almost ready

Oh baby, have we got a blog post brewing for you. The parlor is almost done! We want the next parlor-post to take you pretty much to the end. Eventually, we'll also give you the cost breakdown, in case you're curious.

In the meantime, I've gotten started on the second floor demolition...

HAHAHA. I know, I know, but I couldn't resist. The second floor kitchen needed to go to make room for our future (hopefully baller) master bathroom and souped-up shared bathroom. Without the 2nd kitchen the house won't be set up for two-units anymore but it'll have some new luxury to it with the master suite (and the house wasn't well set up for two-units before anyway).
2nd floor kitchen, View 1

View 2
Just me and my sidekick, DeWalt.

I took down trim, wallboard, crumbling plaster, and our old friend lath (horizontal wood strips). Sadly those built in cupboards needed to go (we have similar ones in the first floor kitchen that we are saving), but at least it'll give us an extra 2 feet for the bathroom.


View 2 again.

Where the cupboards used to be.

View 2 after demo.
Later we are going to open a doorway in this wall that will go to the bedroom.

Demolition is a lot of work but it's fun. This is another one that took me into the night. Eventually Ayumi will be laying stunning tile on these floors and in our custom showers. :o)

Thanks for sticking with us; the next parlor-post will be a juicy one!

Edit: 
Check out what I found in those cupboards in the 2nd floor kitchen:
From L to R: Garbage bag in mint condition, loaded salt shaker, unopened corn meal, vintage screw driver, Slap Chopper (As seen on TV), and tray of New Hampshire's finest silverware.
When I'm done ebaying these gems, this reno will have paid for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment